3/20/2020 8:45:00 PM
Effective 5pm Saturday, March 21, 2020, the Arlington Heights Park District is temporarily suspending all operations and closing all facilities, and playgrounds,...
LOCATED IN THE COACH HOUSE:
- BOEGER CARPENTRY SHOP - a recreated circa 1874 carpentry shop with authentic woodworking machinery.
- BLACKSMITH SHOP - a recreated setting of the town smithy, one of the most important businesses to the early growth of the village of Arlington Heights.
- ARLINGTON HEIGHTS DIORAMAS - dioramas of the local area before European settlement, the first school, the train coming to town, the growth of the village, ice harvesting, and the first library.
- - a replica 1830s log cabin representing the homes of early settlers in the groves of Northeastern Illinois. Family activity centered around the hearth in this one room home.
- - a Victorian period house circa 1890s. The home features a restored parlor, office, kitchen, dining room, and bedrooms. Was the home of F.W. Müller and his family. Müller was a German immigrant and operated a soda pop factory in Arlington Heights.
- - an Arts and Crafts house designed by Elgin architect Ralph Elliot Abell and built in 1908. Home of Wilhelmina Müller Banta and Nathaniel Moore Banta. Home has a restored living and dining room and is furnished with arts and crafts style furniture.
- ALSO IN THE BANTA HOUSE:
- MARTHA MILLS DOLL COLLECTION - Collection of over 1000 dolls ranging from modern to antique, cloth to porcelain, miniature to 36". Dolls were made and collected by Martha Mills, a resident of Arlington Heights. This exhibit changes twice a year.
- LORRAINE KORENTHAL DOLLHOUSE COLLECTION - Collection of three dollhouses and miniatures. Dollhouses and miniatures were collected by Jack and Lorraine Korenthal of Arlington Heights.