The company was organized as "Sass and Brother" manufacturers of soda water in 1872. The proprietors were Louis.H. Sass and F.W. Müller. The bottling works were located at 116 S. Dunton. They manufactured Gingerale, Sarsaparilla, Lemon Soda and Strawberry Soda. By 1873, F.W. Muller bought out his half-brother’s interest in the company.
The bottling works were relocated in 1882 to 500 North Vail Ave where F.W. Muller erected a brick building. The basement was used for a factory and the first floor for a home. (now part of the Arlington Heights Historical Museum complex.) F.W. Muller Carbonated Beverages delivered soda pop along the dirt roads of the Northwest Suburbs. By this time, new flavors including Lemon Sour, Klondike Fizz, Buffalo Mead and Cream Soda were added.