The backyard barbecue has been a staple of suburban life for over 50 years. There have been strong connections to this tradition for decades in Arlington Heights. (As an example, Weber Grill marketed and produced their ubiquitous kettle grill in Arlington Heights, right next to Recreation Park from the 1960's until the early 1980's.)
To honor this history and tradition, we invite the community to come to Arlington Heights largest backyard for food, fun, history, games, and music! Come to the World's Largest Backyard BBQ!
Here's what we have planned:
- Music - The Blue Water Ramblers will be roaming the grounds providing entertainment and music
- Sample hand churned ice cream provided by Volkening Heritage Farm
- Tour all the buildings on the grounds and participate in activities as well
- Picnic tables to enjoy your food and drink
- Traditional backyard games: Giant Jenga, Jarts, Bean Bag Toss "Bags", Badminton, and more!
PRE-REGISTRATION STRONGLY ENCOURAGED
Register Online NOW
At the door pricing: $5 / person | No outside food or drink allowed.
This is a shine only event (Only those participants who have pre-registered will receive a refund if the event is rained out.)
Fee is for children 3 and up
Fee includes choice of burger or hot dog, chips, and a soft drink