A portion of the Museum’s archival and photograph collections are available for online viewing through Digital Past. These include early telephone directories, the Sigwalt Diaries, and other Arlington Heights related items. In partnership with the Arlington Heights Memorial Library.
Found a historic image in our collection that you want to use?
Photocopies, reprints, enlargements, and digital reproductions are permitted for research use only. Possession of an image from the Arlington Heights Historical Museum does not constitute permission to use it. An additional licensing fee will apply for all publication and commercial uses on top of the applicable reproduction fee.
All fees are collected by the Arlington Heights Historical Society, a not-for-profit organization.
Reproduction fees are non-refundable and subject to change without notice. Please allow two weeks for your order to process. Prices do not include shipping.
- B&W Photocopy, 8.5x11: $0.25
- B&W Photocopy, 8.5x14: $0.50
- Print, 4x6: $5.00
- Print, 5x7: $10.00
- Print, 8x10: $15.00
- Poster, 11x14: $25.00
- Poster, 16x20: $40.00
- Poster, 20x30: $60.00
- Digital Scan, 300dpi: $5.00
- Digital Scan, 600dpi: $10.00
- Digital Scan, Custom Resolution: $20.00
Image Use Policy & Fees
The Arlington Heights Historical Museum does not necessarily own the copyright to all of the images in its collection. The researcher assumes the responsibility of infringement of copyright. The researcher is also responsible for any third-party rights that may be a part of the image or work.
All images used must contain the credit line Courtesy of the Arlington Heights Historical Museum.
CATEGORIES OF USE
The Museum reserves the right to charge additional special fees depending upon the requested usage. Eligibility for a particular category of use will be determined by the Curator based upon the information provided on the Image Request Form.
Personal Use: Material used for reference or research purposes or display in a private home. Subject to reproduction fee; no additional usage fee. See “Reproduction Fees” above.
Educational Use: Material used by a teacher in a classroom and/or used by students in an educational project. Fees may be discounted or waived. Contact the Curator with a description of the usage.
Personal Publication Use: Material used in family histories and other projects created by an individual for limited publication (25 or fewer copies), or for electronic display on a personal or family-related website. Contact the Curator to find out if your use qualifies for this category. Per-image use fee: $15.00
Non-Profit Use: Material used in publication, display, broadcast, or in any other way by a non-profit organization. Proof of non-profit status required. For use in the United States only. Additional fees will apply for world rights. Additional fees will apply for print runs greater than 5,000.
- Book or periodical illustration and other published works: $25.00 each use
- CDs, DVDs, websites, and any other digital projects: $25.00 each use
- Office display: $50.00 each use
- Book Covers, CD or DVD Covers, and any other packaging or wrapping: $75.00 each use
- Photographic prints or digitized images for advertising, marketing, or promotional purposes: $100.00 each use
- Video, film or television: $75.00 each use
Commercial/For-Profit Use: Material that will be published, displayed, broadcasted, or in any other way used in a commercial environment. Includes display in sales or reception areas or in any public areas of offices or businesses. For use in the United States only. Additional fees will apply for world rights. Additional fees will apply for print runs greater than 5,000.
- Book or periodical illustration and other published work: $50.00 each use
- CDs, DVDs, and any other digital projects: $50.00 each use
- Restaurant, commercial, or office display: $100.00 each use
- Book Covers, CD or DVD Covers, and any other packaging or wrapping: $150.00 each use
- Photographic prints or digitized images for advertising, marketing, or promotional purposes: $200.00 each use
- Video, film or television: $150.00 each use
**One copy of all materials created using content from the Arlington Heights Historical Museum must be donated to the Museum.**